7 Signs Your Bra Doesn’t Fit And What To Do About It
Girl, you’ve gotta take care of your girls! If they’re drooping, overflowing, peeking, or sweating, chances are your bra doesn’t fit. Say no to the quad-boobs and uni-boob alike. Here are some ABCs to get your girls sitting pretty:
Find yourself a good mirror and look at yourself in all directions, then check for these common problems.
- Does it look like you’ve dropped popcorn down your shirt? This is a clear indication that your cup size is too big.
- Do you see a small mountain range down your back? While a snug fit is good, a band that’s too tight leads to back bulges and spillover.
- Is your back strap arching? A band that is too large will ride up your back and sit too high.
- Why is your bra strap half-way down your arm? Showing strap is all the rage, but not midway down your arm. Tighten your strap for a more secure fit, but not too tight.
- What are those dents on top of your shoulders? Even your favorite bra will wear out over time and the straps will lose support. If you over-tighten the shoulder straps you run the risk of compressing the veins and arteries around your neck and shoulders, causing you pain.
- Are your breasts sitting mid-way down your belly? If your band is too large, the weight of your breasts will cause your girls to droop. Your support should be coming from the bra band, not by over-tightening your straps.
- Is that supposed to be a yellow bra? Don’t get stuck in a rut. Rotate your bras through the week, hand-washing every two to three wears. This will keep your whites white and your other colors clean and bright!
Want to make sure your bra fits so great that you don’t notice you’re wearing one? Treat yourself to a professional fitting.
More than 80% of women are walking around in an ill-fitting bra. Sure, it’s a little inconvenient and for some just downright embarrassing, but you don’t walk around in shoes that don’t fit — give the same love to your breasts.
After the tape measure, your fitting will be more of trial and error until you find the perfect bra. Don’t dismay, with more than 10,000 bras to choose from, the perfect bra does exist. And when you finally find the bra that was made for you, you and your girls will be jumping for joy without any wardrobe malfunctions.
Don’t leave your fitting to just anyone. Did you know Barbara’s New Beginnings has been voted one of the “5 Top Shops in the U.S.” for bra fitting by Intima Magazine? No need for embarrassment at Barbara’s. For 19 years, Barbara and our team here have catered to women of all ages and sizes. You’ll feel like you’ve been fitted by a friend — and we don’t spill your secrets!
Stop the insanity! You deserve better and better does exist. Make 2020 the year you find your perfect bra.